VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A 45-year-old driver was killed in Dallas early Sunday in a crash that involved two street racers, according to police.
The deadly crash unfolded around 5 a.m., Fox 4 reported. The victim, Kendrick Lyons, was struck by one of two racing Camaros, according to the station.
The article goes on to state the following:
Lyons’ mother said he was driving to donate plasma and had celebrated his birthday with the family the night before.
The report states that the name of the driver who hit Lyons has not been released. He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
The driver of the other car involved in the street race, Alejandro Valdez, 27, was unhurt, but did remain at the scene and turned himself in to police. He is being held in jail.
Lyons was ejected from his vehicle and killed in the crash. His vehicle then caught fire.
Fox4 journalist Stephen Dial tweeted, “The mother of Lyons tells me he was just celebrated his birthday last night with his sisters. He was driving to donate plasma this morning before his was hit and killed. The men racing, one is in jail, the other is in the hospital. ”
The mother of Lyons tells me he was just celebrated his birthday last night with his sisters. He was driving to donate plasma this morning before his was hit and killed. The men racing, one is in jail, the other is in the hospital. @FOX4 https://t.co/WDPitiY9Q5
— Steven Dial (@StevenDialFox4) February 16, 2020
“It makes you angry to know that folks are driving up and down the street racing”
Tonight at 9 on @FOX4 hear from the mother of Kendrick Lyons. He was killed this morning when a car street racing hit him. Its a problem in Dallas that has sparked a call for new laws. pic.twitter.com/oxWyUnMrkw
— Steven Dial (@StevenDialFox4) February 17, 2020
WFAA reporter William Joy said in a Twitter post, “His family told me street racing has been a problem in the area for awhile and they’re hopeful @DallasPD will step up enforcement as planned. He had just posted on Facebook last night about getting ready for his birthday weekend.”
His family told me street racing has been a problem in the area for awhile and they’re hopeful @DallasPD will step up enforcement as planned. He had just posted on Facebook last night about getting ready for his birthday weekend. More tonight at 10 on @wfaa.
— William Joy (@WilliamJoy) February 17, 2020
Below are photos Lyons had just posted to Facebook Saturday evening:
— FOX4Terry (@FOX4Terry) February 16, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene