VIDEO: Hospital CEO and family test positive for coronavirus: ‘Disease moves very, very quickly’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
New Jersey’s Holy Name Medical Center CEO Michael Maron said Wednesday that infecting his wife and his son with COVID-19 is a “burden” that he’ll have to bear for the rest of his life. Appearing on “Fox & Friends” with host Brian Kilmeade, Maron said that he never exhibited the “telltale symptoms” of the virus.
“We never spiked high fevers. We never had respiratory distress. But we had extreme fatigue and that is something that I thought it was from working – you know – seven days a week, 14-hour, 16-hour days that finally just caught up with me…but it turned out to be the virus,” he explained. “And so, once we knew we had those symptoms, we self-isolated here at home and had my outstanding staff come by. They swabbed us and then several days later the tests came back positive.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Maron said that it was a “horrible feeling” knowing that he had infected his family members. “Let me tell you,” he said. “I have a responsibility to my staff and to the community and people we serve. But my wife didn’t sign up for that.”
One of Maron’s employees passed away only a few days ago due to the virus. To help with the outbreak, Maron says his hospital is in dire need of personal protective equipment like N95 masks, isolation gowns and goggles.
*Coronavirus cases worldwide: 440,145
*Total confirmed deaths: 19,751
*Recovered patients: P;L[111,942
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- REPORT: Actor demands Trump be removed from office over coronavirus handling
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Trump grants major disaster declaration for state of Maryland
- REPORT: Every resident of senior home presumed to have coronavirus
- REPORT: Police Officers Rebuke Media Outlet Over Decision On White House Coronavirus Briefings
- BREAKING: Final coronavirus stimulus bill omits several Pelosi wish list items, but keeps a big one IN
- VIDEO: Task force doctors call media out for distorted information, bad questions