VIDEO: In Abaco Islands, lives shattered by Hurricane Dorian’s devastation to the Bahamas
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
About a week after Hurricane Dorian ravaged the Abaco Islands as the strongest hurricane to hit the Bahamas on record, those remaining here at the site of the devastation said the storm took away everything from them.
On the island of Great Abaco, wrecked boats and flipped-over cars were strewn across streets of completely flattened houses, crushed businesses and mangled playgrounds. Downed power lines and the frames of buildings lined the sides of the roads. Some cars were impaled by flying pieces of wood and steel. The smell of death was in the air.
The article goes on to state the following:
The catastrophic Category 5 storm pummeled the islands with sustained winds of 185 mph, life-threatening storm surges and torrential rain in a sustained two-day assault. At least 43 people were killed during the storm, but with many still reported missing, that number is feared to dramatically rise. Most deaths were here in the Abaco Islands, which were home to some 17,000 people.
By Sunday, Great Abaco was becoming a ghost town, as thousands of people try to evacuate by plane and boat.
RAW: Aerial footage of the Bahamas shows massive destruction left by Hurricane Dorian on the Abaco Islands. Hundreds of homes were missing their roofs, cars were overturned and debris was strewn all over. pic.twitter.com/IoeuG6t1n6
— DW News (@dwnews) September 4, 2019
— José Andrés (@chefjoseandres) September 1, 2019
— NBC News (@NBCNews) September 3, 2019
AFTERMATH: Aerial footage of the Bahamas’ Abaco Islands dramatically illustrates the widespread damage and destruction caused by deadly Hurricane Dorian. https://t.co/9mvccXuaSz pic.twitter.com/38oXcMIz6l
— ABC News (@ABC) September 5, 2019
Heartbreaking aerial video shows the destruction and devastation Hurricane Dorian left behind in the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas.
— WSVN 7 News (@wsvn) September 3, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: Joe Biden tells a WHOPPER on gun violence… and no one called him on it
- REPORT: Prison officials reveal ‘fear’ of Weinstein incarceration: ‘He may try to …”
- REPORT: House Republican rips witness over gun control law claim
- BREAKING: Trump administration declares emergency due to coronavirus, Chinese furious
- REPORT: Medicaid and food stamps line vanishes as new immigration rules start
- REPORT: Warren issues response to letter from Native American tribes [READ THE LETTER]
- REPORT: CNN report SHOCKS with description of baby who survives an abortion
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- VIDEO: Truck driver performs dangerous U-turn into oncoming traffic on highway, gets arrested