VIDEO: Laura Ingraham gets into fiery debate with Trump over foreign workers
In an exclusive interview with President Trump on Friday, Fox News anchor Laura Ingraham raised very pointed questions over the issue of corporations using foreign workers for cheap labor.
Ingraham told the president, “You’ve made huge progress on trade, incredible progress on dealing with our political foes, ISIS, incredible deregulations, judges… you’ve done a lot.”
She mentioned the booming economy and jobs growth, but then noted the “stall-out” on wage growth, an issue he ran on.
“If we had a tight labor market, we would be seeing real increases in wages. I hear your team is planning on advocating more foreign workers coming in for some of these high tech companies. I’m very concerned about that, as are a lot of your supporters.”
President Trump admitted that Mark Levin and Lou Dobbs are concerned about that too, and began to explain that he’s asking countries like Japan to open up more plants in the United States. Trump said Japan said they want to do it, but they can’t get labor. “We need help,” Trump said, indicating the need for foreign labor.
“If they can’t get labor, wages would be going up,” Ingraham argued.
“Wages are going up,” Trump said, but Ingraham pushed back, saying, “Not in the high tech industry.”
“Why reward Google? Google is working against you,” she fired back. “All they want is low-paid workers. You didn’t run on bringing in more foreign workers into the United States.”
Trump argued, “We have to allow smart people to stay in our country.”
“You ran against people having to train their foreign replacements. It’s humiliating for an American worker to have to train their foreign replacement after working for a company for 30 years.”
“We do need workers in our country,” Trump said.
“Why shouldn’t American graduates of colleges and universities taking those jobs?” Ingraham demanded.
“We do, but we don’t have enough of them, and we have to be competitive with the rest of the world,” the president said. “The companies want to hire these people, they want to hire smart people, and those people are thrown out of the country,” he added.
“You ran on America first,” Ingraham shot back. She added, “There’s a never-ending appetite on the part of corporate America to bring in as much cheap labor as possible to drive down wages.”
President Trump said there are so many companies coming into the country, “You’re not going to have to worry about it.”
Watch the entire fiery exchange in the video below:
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Shocked CNN host bashes Pelosi over behavior
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- VIDEO: Graham compliments Schiff on impeachment presentation [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Angel Mom rips into Biden, Dems over ‘illegal alien criminals first’ agenda
- REPORT: Rudy Giuliani vows: ‘I Will Now Start To Reveal The Evidence’
- VIDEO: Nadler plays 1999 clip of Lindsey Graham during impeachment trial