VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) said that California should have more influence over the Democratic primary process because the state has so many wealthy donors.
“We have candidates who fly out to Los Angeles from everywhere to raise money,” Waters said Thursday on CNBC. “You would have two, three, four at a time in Beverly Hills having dinners and some of our contributors, who are very rich, were holding fancy parties, trying to accommodate the requests for donations and contributions.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“The thinking is that if we are supplying tremendous dollars to candidates, we ought to have more say,” she added.
Waters argued that Iowa and New Hampshire should no longer be the first states to hold their primaries, because “certainly they are not reflective of the makeup of this country.”
WATCH her statement in the short video below:
Waters: California Should Have More Say Over Primary Process Because of Its Rich Donors and Fancy Partieshttps://t.co/WshX6UQjPp
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) February 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Here’s when New York’s coronavirus apex is likely to hit
- REPORT: Wife of former New Jersey mayor found dead from self-inflicted gunshot
- UPDATE: New York’s darkest day: Cuomo gives stunning new figures on state’s coronavirus deaths
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York co-op kicked volunteering doctor out of brother’s apartment
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Leaked papers reveal SHOCKING coronavirus cases, deaths that US hospitals are secretly preparing for
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results
- REPORT: Early Data Shows African Americans Have Contracted and Died of Coronavirus at an Alarming Rate
- REPORT: ‘The scary things that this virus can do’: Doctors across NYC share the harrowing reality of coronavirus care