VIDEO: Movie portraying liberals hunting and killing conservatives to be released
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Variety.com:
Universal and Blumhouse are ready to unveil “The Hunt,” a satiric thriller that follows a group of liberal elites who try to track down and kill “red state” conservatives for sport, after canceling its initial theatrical release last year. In an interview with Variety, producer Jason Blum and co-writer Damon Lindelof argued that the film has been mischaracterized as biased towards Trump supporters and argued that it does not advocate violence.
“This is not a dangerous movie,” Lindelof said. “This is not a provocative movie. This is not a divisive movie.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The filmmakers may have intended to be equal opportunity in their portrayal of liberals as caviar and champagne swilling snobs and conservatives as gun-toting survivalists, but “The Hunt” became a hot potato before the public had even seen the film. “The Hunt,” which was the subject of criticism from President Donald Trump, was originally supposed to hit theaters on Sept. 27, 2019. In the wake of mounting controversy and the Dayton and El Paso mass shootings, Universal cancelled those plans, pulling it from the release calendar.
In the interview with Variety, Blum declared, “We felt like everybody got it wrong because no one had seen the movie. It was the most talked about movie that no one has ever seen. So what both of us were very eager for people to see the movie and realize that the movie is 100% satire and pokes fun at both sides equally.”
Below is a trailer of the film, which opens in theaters on Friday, March 13.
Variety further describes the movie: “In “The Hunt,” rich liberals who hunt the conservatives refer to their prey as “deplorables” and disparage “our ratf—er-in-chief” in a text exchange (Trump is never mentioned by name). In another scene, a liberal hunter shoots a man after saying, “climate change is real.””
— The Hunt (@TheHuntMov) February 11, 2020
— Variety (@Variety) February 11, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit Variety.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: Rudy Giuliani predicts Trump will be ‘totally vindicated’ by ‘smoking gun’ in Hunter Biden probe: ‘We’ve got the documents’
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired