VIDEO: Pelosi defends holding onto impeachment articles, accuses McConnell of supporting ‘cover-up’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi confirmed Sunday that she and fellow Democrats will soon discuss sending articles of impeachment against President Trump to the Senate for a trial, and defended her decision to wait weeks to do so.
Pelosi has faced criticism from Republicans for not allowing the impeachment process to move forward, and even some Democrats have expressed impatience. Still, she insists it has been an effective strategy.
The article goes on to state the following:
“No, no, no — we feel that it has produced a very positive result,” Pelosi said on ABC’s “This Week,” pointing to new information that has surfaced former National Security Adviser John Bolton’s announcement that he is now willing to testify in the Senate under subpoena.
Senate Republicans responded to the delay by introducing an amendment to Senate rules that would allow the dismissal of the impeachment case if Pelosi failed to send the articles within 25 days. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell supported the resolution, leading Pelosi to accuse him of being engaged in a “cover-up.”
“Dismissing is a cover-up,” Pelosi stated.
“No, no, no,” Speaker Pelosi tells @GStephanopoulos when asked if she has “second thoughts” about waiting to send the articles of impeachment, adding that it “produced a positive result” and highlights the importance of having “witnesses and documents.” https://t.co/Xndqizfmxr pic.twitter.com/3MVWeg90ws
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) January 12, 2020
Speaker Nancy Pelosi tells @GStephanopoulos she will be “consulting” with her members Tuesday morning and they will vote on when to send the articles of impeachment over to the Senate. https://t.co/vjv6irmFyr pic.twitter.com/9b2XCuV3J5
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts