VIDEO: Pelosi falsely claims court fight for Ukraine impeachment witnesses
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Democrats are fighting to force impeachment witnesses who defied congressional subpoenas related to Ukraine to testify, but so far, no court cases against the four key figures exist.
Pelosi made the misleading claim in an ABC interview Sunday in response to comments about Republican critics saying House Democrats could’ve done more to exhaust their alternatives when Trump officials refused to show up to testify at the behest of the president, including bringing those cases to court and played a clip by Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine saying that “the House chose not to go to court to enforce its subpoenas, so there are gaps in what the House has sent us.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“That isn’t even true,” Pelosi said. “We are in court on the witnesses. It could take a very long time.”
Pelosi: “Clinton allowed witnesses to come forward. Pres.Trump has prevented that from happening.”@GStephanopoulos: “Why not wait for the courts to rule?”
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) January 12, 2020
.@SpeakerPelosi said Democrats are fighting to force impeachment witnesses who defied congressional subpoenas related to Ukraine to testify.
But so far, no court cases against the four key figures exist.https://t.co/zDDPv1agP6
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts