VIDEO: Pelosi warns against ‘poison pills’ as Senate negotiators near a stimulus deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday said she’s hopeful Congress can reach a deal a massive coronavirus relief package by day’s end, but warned that Republican “poison pills” could gum up the process and prompt House Democrats to move their own legislation.
Pelosi said Democrats remain insistent that a $500 billion allotment to help major industries must include greater oversight and transparency, and she hammered GOP leaders for their resistance to including billions of dollars for food stamps.
The article goes on to state the following:
If Senate and White House negotiators are able to iron out those differences, she said, the House could accept the Senate bill and likely pass it quickly by unanimous consent, allowing the House to remain in recess.
Pelosi threatened to call the House back to Washington to move forward with a 1,400-page proposal she released Monday night if she doesn’t approve of the Senate version.
Republicans have slammed Pelosi’s proposal, as it includes a multitude of non-coronavirus-related items, including “green new deal” measures, same-day voter registration, immigration deals, and even $35 million to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Speaker Pelosi says the Coronavirus bill shouldn’t have “Poison Pills” in it and accuses Republicans of trying to make an ideological statement.
The Democrats’ proposal sounded more like the Green New Deal 2.0 that focused more on Airplane Emissions and Diveristy quotas.. pic.twitter.com/yS0XnWMn2e
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) March 24, 2020
President Trump blasted Pelosi in a blistering Twitter post Monday night.
“Republicans had a deal until Nancy Pelosi rode into town from her extended vacation. The Democrats want the Virus to win? They are asking for things that have nothing to do with our great workers or companies. They want Open Borders & Green New Deal. Republicans shouldn’t agree!” he wrote.
Republicans had a deal until Nancy Pelosi rode into town from her extended vacation. The Democrats want the Virus to win? They are asking for things that have nothing to do with our great workers or companies. They want Open Borders & Green New Deal. Republicans shouldn’t agree!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 24, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) March 24, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Actor demands Trump be removed from office over coronavirus handling
- REPORT: CEO of successful restaurant chain gives up salary for year to pay workers during pandemic
- REPORT: Every resident of senior home presumed to have coronavirus
- REPORT: Top CDC official warns New York’s coronavirus outbreak is just a preview
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- REPORT: Trump grants major disaster declaration for state of Maryland
- BREAKING: Final coronavirus stimulus bill omits several Pelosi wish list items, but keeps a big one IN