VIDEO: Plot thickens as NYT reporters behind Kavanaugh story speak out
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The New York Times reporters behind the controversial piece on Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh claimed Monday night that key details missing from the sexual misconduct allegation may have been removed from the original draft in the editing process.
Late Sunday, The New York Times walked back an explosive report about a resurfaced allegation of sexual assault by Kavanaugh from his college days. The piece by Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly was adapted from their forthcoming book, “The Education of Brett Kavanaugh: An Investigation,” and alleged that there was corroboration of an incident in which Kavanaugh, as a college student at Yale, exposed himself to a female classmate at a party.
The article goes on to state the following:
The paper was forced to issue an update that included the significant detail that several friends of the alleged victim said she did not recall the purported sexual assault. The newspaper also stated for the first time that the alleged victim refused to be interviewed, and has made no other comment about the episode.
In the interview, Pogrebin and Kelly claimed the missing details were included in their original article, but “somewhere in the editing process, those words were trimmed.” WATCH their remarks in the video below:
Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly claim that the qualifier about the other alleged Kavanaugh accuser not remembering an incident at Yale was included in the initial NYT draft but removed. pic.twitter.com/p9wUTnFyM1
— Chuck Ross (@ChuckRossDC) September 17, 2019
Donald Trump Jr. responded with the following Twitter post:
The editors!!! OMG this is even worse than I thought. No one’s actually surprised anymore and they will keep doing the same thing over and over because everyone in their leftist bubble is fine trying to destroy good people ideologically opposes to them.
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) September 17, 2019
— Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) September 17, 2019
CLICK HERE to watch the entire interview.
In real life, these “reporters” and their editor would have been fired. They knew this was fake news but they printed it anyway.
— Brent N Winkelman (@bnwink56) September 17, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Thousands crossing US-Mexico border despite nonessential travel ban, COVID-19 threat
- REPORT: Minneapolis mayor issues advice to rioters about COVID-19 safety
- REPORT: Details surface of time when wife of white cop who kneeled on George Floyd’s neck was arrested
- BREAKING: Medical examiner issues statement on George Floyd cause of death
- DML: Half my bulk inventory is gone in 5 hours!
- REPORT: Owner of Minneapolis grocery store explains what happened when George Floyd visited store
- VIDEO: Police release redacted bodycam footage following death of George Floyd
- REPORT: These Obama officials are on GOP senators’ list for subpoenas amid Obama-era probe