VIDEO: Police scanner audio released from terror attack at military base in Corpus Christi
A three-minute clip of police scanner audio has been released from the shooting attack at the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi early Thursday morning.
The attack occurred about 6:15 a.m. as cars were lined up waiting to get onto the base for the day, and the suspect tried to speed through the gate. After his car was stopped by vehicle barriers, he jumped out of the car and began shooting.
The Navy immediately put the base on lockdown, announcing that all gates were closed, due to an active shooter. One sailor was shot, but her protective vest stopped the bullet. The gunman was fatally shot by officials.
The FBI has now confirmed in a brief statement that the attack is terrorism-related, and a second suspect may be at large.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- REPORT: Fake News? Police Issue Statement At Odds With Reports About Actions Against Protesters in D.C.
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention