VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks resolution for whistleblowers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., blocked a resolution that reaffirms the Senate’s support of whistleblower protections.
The move on Wednesday comes after he publicly called for the whistleblower at the heart of the impeachment inquiry to be named publicly.
The article goes on to state the following:
Senate Democrats asked for unanimous consent to pass a resolution calling on Congress and the Trump administration to protect whistleblowers, including the one who filed a complaint alleging the White House attempted to strong-arm Ukraine into investigating a political rival.
Paul objected to the unanimous consent request, saying, “I support whistleblowers, and I do think that they have a role to play in keeping government accountable. They shouldn’t lose their jobs or be prosecuted for their willingness to speak.”
Paul championed his own bill affirming that statutes do not supersede the sixth amendment and that “the president is afforded the right to understand the nature of the allegations against him — and the right to face his accuser,” according to ABC News.
I just took to the Senate floor with Senator @MazieHirono to demand we pass a resolution to defend whistleblowers.
Because to do otherwise would send a chilling message to future patriots that they risk exposure, retaliation, and retribution.
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts