VIDEO: Republican senator says lawmakers were not told about threat to four embassies during briefing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah said Trump administration officials did not mention in classified briefings that four American embassies were under threat of attack before the U.S. military killed Iran’s top general.
Lee appeared on CNN’s State of the Union on Sunday to discuss the problems he had with a classified briefing that administration officials gave to congressional lawmakers over U.S. tensions with Iran. Lee walked out of the briefing on Wednesday and slammed it as “probably the worst briefing I’ve seen, at least on a military issue.”
The article goes on to state the following:
President Trump said on Friday in an interview on Fox News that Iran was targeting four U.S. embassies before the strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani. Trump ordered a drone strike on Soleimani on Jan. 2 after the Iranian military leader orchestrated a violent protest outside of the American Embassy in Baghdad.
“I don’t recall being told that there were four embassies. I’m sure there was a mention of at least one embassy in that briefing because there had been an attack on one of our embassies in the days leading up to general Soleimani’s killing,” Lee said.
GOP Sen. Mike Lee on the integrity of the information Congress has received on the Soleimani strike: “Well, I’m worried. As the United States senator, and as a voter and citizen. I have learned not to simply take the federal government’s word at face value” #CNNSOTU pic.twitter.com/W4iVCwucXV
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Martha MacCallum calls out Eric Swalwell on impeachment process
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- REPORT: Republican AGs Say Bloomberg Is Secretly Embedding An Army Of Anti-Trump Attorneys Inside State Offices