VIDEO: Task force doctors call media out for distorted information, bad questions
Dr. Deborah Birx has become a regular at President Donald J. Trump’s daily coronavirus updates with the task force. On Wednesday, Birx, who is the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, suggested that the media isn’t giving Americans accurate information.
Dr. Birx said the task force is collecting data on “a granular level” and assessing how the virus is affecting different places to determine impact, needs, and assistance.
She went on to say that coronavirus statistics “that are being put out there” by the media are really frightening Americans, and that they don’t account for remediation and goodwill efforts.
Dr. Deborah Birx suggests the media is irresponsibly presenting distorted coronavirus numbers to the American people in an effort to frighten them pic.twitter.com/igxmS07xeS
— (((Jason Rantz))) on KTTH Radio (@jasonrantz) March 26, 2020
During the same press briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci became frustrated by a reporter’s question.
The reporter said the World Health Organization has been praising China for its transparency and leadership in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
Fauci told him, “I can’t comment on that…because I don’t have any viewpoint into it. I don’t even know what your question is,” before he abruptly walked away from the podium.
Trump seemed amused as he took Fauci’splace, saying, “Welcome to the group,” while looking at Fauci and gesturing toward the press.
The WHO is praising China for their response to the pandemic…
FAUCI: “…I don’t even know what your question is.”
TRUMP: “Welcome to the group.”
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) March 25, 2020
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results