VIDEO: Trump extends another important deadline amid coronavirus crisis
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
President Trump said Monday that he is pushing back the deadline for when Americans will be required to have the new Real ID credential to board domestic flights.
At a White House briefing, Trump said he is postponing the Oct. 1 deadline, citing the coronavirus crisis and concerns of crowding at state departments of motor vehicles from people trying to meet the looming deadline.
The article goes on to state the following:
“At a time when we’re asking Americans to maintain social distancing, we do not want to require people to go with their local DMV,” Trump said.
President Trump announces the Real ID requirement deadline will be postponed amidst the coronavirus pandemic pic.twitter.com/jSHonWcWk6
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) March 23, 2020
Trump said the new deadline would be announced “very soon.”
The administration previously pushed back the filing date for US income taxes. The tax-filing deadline was moved to July 15, the same day tax payments are due.
Californians will get extra time on Real ID as Trump says he will delay the deadline due to the coronavirus. https://t.co/PMSLzCyW38
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) March 24, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- UPDATE: Newborn baby, world’s youngest coronavirus victim, status update
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- BREAKING: Western films actor dead at 92
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Top US bank warns recession is already here: ‘Jobs will be lost, wealth will be destroyed’