VIDEO: Trump issues warning to governors over places of worship
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday urged state governors to allow the reopening this weekend in the United States of places of worship which have been closed due to the coronavirus, warning that he will override governors who do not do so.
At a short appearance in the White House briefing room, Trump said he was declaring that places of worship – churches, synagogues and mosques – are providing essential services and thus should be opened as soon as possible.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump issued a warning to governors who refuse his appeal but did not say under what authority he would act to force the reopening of religious facilities.
“The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now–for this weekend,” Trump said.
“If they don’t do it I will override the governors. In America we need more prayer, not less,” he vowed.
“In America, we need more prayer not less,” Trump added.
Trump announces houses of worship are ‘essential,’ calls on governors to open them up. “The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now–for this weekend…If they don’t do it I will override the governors.” pic.twitter.com/QWZXgOUed1
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) May 22, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Guardian Angel’ describes violent battle with mob of hundreds of NY looters: ‘We don’t surrender or retreat’
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Graham makes announcement on Russia probe subpoena vote
- WATCH: Woman blasts ladies as RACIST for cleaning graffiti off building in shocking viral video
- VIDEOS: De Blasio drowned out by boos, calls to resign at George Floyd memorial
- REPORT: Charlotte newspaper posts scathing op-ed on Trump seeking another city for GOP convention