VIDEO: Trump rips into Biden, Bloomberg: At least Sanders ‘has real followers’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Tuesday said he would rather run against former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg than Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the November general election, even as he acknowledged Sanders’ loyal following.
“Frankly I’d rather run against Bloomberg than Bernie Sanders, because Sanders has real followers,” Trump told reporters during an Oval Office event. “Whether you like them or not, whether you agree with them or not, I happen to think it’s terrible what he says. But he has followers. Bloomberg’s just buying his way in.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump’s comments seemed to implicitly recognize the strength of Sanders’ campaign, which has drawn comparisons to the president’s own 2016 effort in terms of energy and appeal to working class voters.
Trump lashed out at Bloomberg, who was criticized Tuesday over newly surfaced audio of him defending New York’s stop-and-frisk policing practices.
“I support anything we can do to get down crime and to get rid of drugs,” Trump said of the policy.
Trump then attacked Bloomberg’s apology for supporting the policy:
“I think when a man is with stop-and-frisk his whole life and then he decides to go Democrat and he goes to church, and he’s practically crying, he looked like hell… saying what a horrible thing he did. I think that’s so disingenuous.”
Trump also explained deleting a tweet he’d posted about the audio clip of Bloomberg, labeling him “racist.”
Trump said he realized the tweet was pretty “nasty” and that he was trying to “bring the country together, not divide the country further.”
Trump also said former Vice President Joe Biden, who is lagging in polls, could “always turn it around.”
“It’s not going to be easy,” Trump said. “I think he can turn it around, yeah. He’s got a shot.”
Trump characterized Biden’s campaign as “stumbling” and “mumbling.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT Here’s what Al Sharpton still owes for failed 2004 presidential race
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote
- REPORT: CBP Officers Seize HUGE Liquid Meth Load [PHOTOS]