VIDEO: ‘Unemployment compensation on steroids’: Here’s what relief package will do for benefits
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The $2 trillion bipartisan pandemic relief deal reached early Wednesday morning will massively expand unemployment insurance, effectively turning it into four months of salary replacement for many workers sidelined by the coronavirus.
The provision will add a flat $600 a week to unemployment benefits, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Wednesday, and flow to a broader range of unemployed workers.
The article goes on to state the following:
By extending the benefit to workers who are furloughed rather than just those who are laid off, the provision will allow workers to stay connected to their jobs, Schumer said, meaning that the business can quickly reemploy them when the virus-related shutdowns end.
Schumer, speaking on the Senate floor, said of the new expansion: “We call it unemployment compensation on steroids.”
The provision will allow American workers who are laid off to “have their salary remunerated by the federal government so they can pay their bills,” he added.
— Maria Bartiromo (@MariaBartiromo) March 25, 2020
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results