VIDEO: US begins removing forces from Syria
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Turkey is set to invade Syria and the U.S. said it would remove all of its forces from the “immediate area,” according to the White House.
A U.S. official confirmed Monday that American troops in northeast Syria were pulling back.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Turkish move is likely to put the Kurdish forces that helped the U.S. defeat ISIS in peril. Turkey considers the Kurdish forces — the PKK and YPG — terrorist organizations.
Turkey will also take possession of all ISIS fighters captured in the past two years, the White House has confirmed.
In a statement, the U.S. said they “will not hold them for what could be many years and great cost to the United States taxpayer.”
Many of the captured ISIS fighters came from European nations, but “refused” to take them back, according to the statement.
In a tweet, ABC News reports: “U.S. troops seen leaving positions near the Turkish border in northern Syria, as Turkey is set to invade the region.”
See video clip below:
U.S. troops seen leaving positions near the Turkish border in northern Syria, as Turkey is set to invade the region. The White House confirmed that the U.S. would remove all of its forces from the “immediate area.” https://t.co/WLXIRkMKQL pic.twitter.com/tMtl4dmxEs
— ABC News (@ABC) October 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Poll reveals percentage of Dems who want candidates to discuss Hunter Biden
- Human waste map reveals major city is largest ‘s***hole’ in America
- REPORT: CNN responds to ‘rumor’ Trump tweeted about network’s Jeff Zucker
- HAPPENING NOW: Democratic candidates debate in Ohio
- VIDEO: ‘Cooper, Your Bias is Showing’: Debate Moderator Slammed For Biden Question
- Soros, Pelosi to speak at 3-day ‘Resistance’ conference
- REPORT: ‘Saturday Night Live’ sees big change in ratings
- BREAKING: Manafort partner describes funneling millions through Cyprus accounts
- VIDEO: Hunter Biden speaks out in exclusive interview, as past business associations come under scrutiny